Friday, February 14, 2014

A Real Life Winter Wonderland

We were hit hard with this winter storm and we're still trying to dig our way out. It all started on Thursday morning and just kept coming. When I woke up on Friday morning everything that had been shoveled and plowed was completely covered again to the point where it looked like nothing had even been done. There is no way that you will see me at a gym anytime soon with all of the shoveling thats been going on over here. Shoveling is the worst but at least there were some fun moments like taking Aubrey sleigh riding and building a snowman.
Here she is enjoying the snow on Thursday.  She absolutely loves play sing in the snow, she was all smiles the whole time we were outside and she napped like rock when we came in.

This is what our front porch looked like when the snow stopped falling on Thursday, we got a break, I shoveled it all off and it literally looked like this Friday morning again. 
Sweet little miss on Valentine's Day being festive with her heart sweater and new headband that I made for her.  

This is how I found her -snuggling with all of the snow gear before we got dressed to go outside. 
Just to give you and idea- here are my parent's cars for reference.
There's a picnic table under there somewhere.
My parents live within walking distance so we trudged through the snow for a visit. We had dinner together and celebrated my brother's 20th birthday. 
...and this is what my front yard looks like!
I am soooo over this white crap and so ready for springtime, flowers, pastels, and warmer weather.

4 comments:

  1. ohmygoodness she is such a doll! What a cutie! (And what crazy snow!!)

    Chelsea
    Haute Child in the City

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya, girl! We've had a decent amount of snow but lately it's been all ICE. Which in my opinion, may be even worse. Atleast you had good company and sweet treats! Your little girl is too cute!

    xx
    Because I'm Obsessed

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we are all over this winter and are totally ready for spring. Your little girl is SO adorable!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun winter snaps.....love your baby's heart sweater!!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from my readers.