Friday, February 14, 2014

Pink Picks for V-Day and Every Day

Happy Valentine's Day. 
We are snowed the he** in over here so we're not going anywhere. What do you do when you're snowed in you ask? Grab a cup of hot chocolate topped with some marshmallows, a cupcake, and your credit card and curl up with the iPad for some "me time" and online shopping; that's what. 

Pink is not just for Valentine's Day, not in my world anyway. Maybe these purchases were influenced by the day of hearts, love, and chocolates but in reality I've been wanting these babies for a while now and I finally pulled the trigger. And I quickly pulled the trigger because these boots are on a crazy sale right now at Nordstroms.




I'm a shortie and my 5'2'' self just can't make the women's Hunters work so I opted for a pair of kids Hunters instead. I know that I could've gotten the Women's Short Boot style but the kids version is actually 2 1/2 inches taller (which is perfect for me) and the calf circumference is slightly smaller too.  Of course, I had to get the matching welly fleece socks too.

Aubrey has a pair of new moccs coming in the mail as well. Ittie Bittie Moccs on etsy has the most adorable and affordable moccs. There is something about a baby/todder in moccasins that I just absolutely adore. Brittany is such a sweetheart too and she's super helpful. I was able to customize these moccs a bit and I just can't wait to get them in the mailbox.

Sally Hansen Nail Growth Miracle in Kiss of Pink

This is my new favorite pink nail polish. Hands down. It's the prettiest shade of pink, it's bright, cheery, and fun. 

Peonies in the office. These are definitely staying year round. We just painted the office a pretty mint color and I love the way this pink pairs with it. 

How cute is this little felt bag that I found in the dollar section at Target?! I fully intended on filling it with goodies for Aubrey's Valentine's Day gift but I procrastinated and now I'm snowed in so it looks like it will have to be a late gift.

...and what is Valentine's Day without cupcakes? These are Pink Velvet Cupcakes with Vanilla icing and they are perfection. I am obsessed with Pink Velvet! Everyone thinks I'm crazy and thinks it tastes like Red Velvet but the texture is different and the batter is too- it's a very moist cake (like red velvet) but the batter is super dense and fluffy. Either way it's delicious and I strongly encourage you to pick up a box of it; it's by Duncan Hines.

7 comments:

  1. We love, love our hunter boots!! Happy valentines day to you!!

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good pair of hunters! And really everything about this post :) Happy Valentines Day!

    Chelsea
    Haute Child in the City

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of those pics and those cupcakes look so yummy right now at 10:30am lol PS I'm hosting a $150 giveaway for PlushRugs.com & thought you would be interested :) Happy Valentine's day!

    http://www.domesticsweetheart.blogspot.com/2014/02/plushrugscom-review-and-150-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm 5'2 as well and love that we share that in common! Shorties have to stick together ;)

    Love all things pink too lately! It's funny because I never used to until I found Instagram and Pinterest! Love everything you got. Bravo for "me time" too - you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn' t know that but I'm so happy to hear it! There was once a time when I hated being short but now I have fully embraced it and I love it.

      Delete
  5. Wow - those pink hunter boots are everything ;-P Can't wait to see how you style them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm so excited for their arrival. It's such a pretty shade of pink.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from my readers.