Thursday, February 13, 2014

Valentine's Decor

Happy Valentine's Day Eve!

I've always loved decorating for the holidays but now that I have a little one I really enjoy doing it. Aubrey fully appreciates and admires decorations so that is even more of an incentive. I was able to re-use some of her ONEderland party decor for Valentine's day so that was a bonus and of course, I changed up the chalkboards too.

Sliding glass doors in breakfast nook.
Notice, we kept the snowflakes from her party because well, it is still very much a winter wonderland here.

Another decoration from her party with some sparkly red hearts added.

XOXO from Target (last year)

XOXO Banner from Target
Glass Vase from Michaels (last year)
...and here's a little peek into her playroom which I plan of fully decorating for each holiday as well. 
Hanging Glittered Hearts from Dollar Tree with pink ribbon added for hanging
Rug from Target (last year)
btw Target's V-Day stuff this year was a little disappointing compared to last years selection, am I right?
Penguin/Heart Garland is a DIY- Foam Glitter Hearts from Target, Foam Penguins from Five Below

Table & Chairs from Ikea
(painted with Martha Stewart's Sea Glass)



I know, my chalkboard needs a better cleaning. First of all, I was in a rush to get this done during nap time and second of all- I need some tips on cleaning a whole huge wall because my method of using a wet and dry cloth is not cutting it.

4 comments:

  1. Your decorations are so cute! I love everything... I wish I had it in me to decorate for every holiday but I wouldn't know where to start!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's so much fun to decorate for holidays. All you have to do is pickup some cute things (Target, TJ and Marshalls are my favs) and let your imagination run wild.

      Delete
  2. so cute :) what about using a squegee thing like at the gas stations that you use to clean your car windows? Not sure if it would work but if you got one with a long enough handle maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps- are you getting a ton of spam comments on your blog? I noticed you have the captcha code you have to type in to comment and for some reason yours has like 10 numbers to type in- I've never seen them have so many! I removed them from my blog but I don't get too many spam comments since I moderate mine….just wanted to mention it :)

    for example to authorize this comment I had to type in: 23683634218

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from my readers.