Monday, March 17, 2014

Weekend Update

It was a busy weekend but we had some relaxation in the mix as well. Mine and Aubrey's weekend started on Friday afternoon- we met up with my friend for some lunch and it was so nice out that we went for a walk. It was so nice to finally be outside for a stroller ride.

Later that night we went to grandma's for a pizza party!

On Saturday Mike and I took Aubrey to a local farmer's market where we picked up some fresh veggies and some baked goods. This was the first time that I ever had fresh garlic (except when we were in Italy) but it was so amazing. We picked up a baguette also so it only made sense to make some garlic bread to go along with the raviolis for dinner.

We also spent some time outside around the house on Saturday. We started making a stone pathway which is nowhere near finished but it's getting there.

We had a silly Sunday morning. Aubrey has been running around the house- literally. She went straight from walking to running! She is so in love with this elephant (that we named Ellie). She is so sweet to her- she snuggles her and kisses her and carries her around everywhere. She also has a Minnie Mouse that goes with us every time we leave the house.

Without any guidance she figured out what to do with the bracelets. She just may love accessories as much as her mother.


Oh you know, just taking the puppy for a walk...

We visited with Mike's parents on Sunday and my mother-in-law surprised me with a box of macaroons from Bouchon in NYC- Pistachio- my favorite!

We also hit Lowes and picked up a new kitchen faucet. We've been dying to replace the crappy builder grade faucet that came with the house so I'm pretty excited. Yes, things have changed- I'm getting excited over faucets these days. We also picked up some grass seed so that means one thing- spring is almost here! We have so much work to do outside since it's a blank slate with no landscaping at all. Wish us luck- I'm totally inept in the gardening and landscaping department!

Last but certainly not least, I leave you with this gem.
I'm one lucky girl.

How was your weekend? Are you feeling the springtime itch too?

5 comments:

  1. She is such a little cutie!
    I think any little house changes are exciting, even a new faucet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute little lady!!!!

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness she is just the cutest little thing!

    www.sparklingfootsteps.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where has the time gone?!? Seriously, feels like you just had Aubrey! Too cute that she figured out what those bracelets are actually for. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your daughter is such a cutie! And this is really random but I stumbled across your blog (from a comment on another blog) and just realized I literally placed an order for your Etsy shop a week and a half ago! (Got the order, two birthday hats for my daughter and her cousin's upcoming one year party, and they're so adorable!) Such a small world on the internet. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from my readers.