Wednesday, April 9, 2014

A Peek Inside Aubrey's Basket

My favorite holiday is fast approaching and I'm just about finished shopping for Aubrey's basket. We are going to an egg hunt and Easter parade this coming weekend and I'm beyond excited for the festivities to begin. We've been practicing our egg hunting skills so I think we'll be all ready for Saturday. Last year was Aubrey's first Easter and it was a tough basket to fill because she was only a couple of months old but this year was so much easier. I had so much fun shopping for her basket this year so I thought I'd share some of the things that I picked up in case anyone is short on ideas.

I had a blast from the past when I was in Old Navy and I spotted these jellies! I  couldn't decide on a gold or silver sparkles so I just got both. I'm not sure if I'm getting her open toe sandals this year because she's new to this walking thing and I'm so afraid of her scraping her little toes, so we'll see...

Also pictured here are bunny bubbles (Walmart), a super cute wind-up bath toy (Target), a glittered purse (Old Navy), and a braided glitter bracelet (Old Navy).
New spring/summer pjs (her first 2-piece pjs) -Target
Pink Shorts-Target
Denim Shorts- Old Navy

I found this little gem of a book in Marshalls. If you've never thought to look in Marshalls or TJ Maxx for children's books you are missing out because they usually have a really nice selection of books there, at reasonable prices too. This book is so sweet and such a perfect bedtime book because it's a combination of a story and lullabies. 

...and finally the "Boo Boo Bunny!" I've never heard of this before but we came upon this at a local craft fair and it's a pretty clever concept. It's a washcloth folded into a bunny shape with a plastic ice cube inside that you can pop in the freezer to have on hand for any "boo boos." We're probably going to make good use of this little bunny because Aubrey is quite the explorer and her newest talent is climbing- on everything she can possibly think of.
It's cute at first but so nerve-wracking at the same time.

4 comments:

  1. Aw, those jellies are so sweet! And that book looks great, I will definitely check it out for my own daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looooove her basket of goodies! I couldn't resist the jellies either! I got 2 pairs of the clear, the size she wears now and the next size up ha ha!
    That book sounds precious! I've never thought to check out the books at TJ Maxx but now I'm excited to! I need to get Mia a book for her basket!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely blog :)
    http://saltskinned.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from my readers.