Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Exploring & Egg Hunting

This past weekend was beautiful. It was finally warm outside and we took full advantage of the weather and made sure that we were out and about all day. We ventured out of our tiny town to a nearby town to do a little exploring. We checked out this "castle" that is filled will cute shops and a market that carries locally grown, locally made fresh and organic foods, soaps, lotions, etc. It's safe to say that it's my new favorite spot.
Just outside of the castle is a separate building that is coffee house and it has this pretty outside seating area. They carry all kinds of delicious pastries and baked goods... and they even have french macaroons! 

coffee shop

coffee shop

organic/fresh food market
We also brought Aubrey to her very first Easter egg hunt on Saturday. She loved picking up the eggs and she really loved seeing all of the little people that are just her size. She loves a good people watching sesh.



We really tried to get her to warm up to the Easter bunny. I thought we could sneak in a photo if I stayed with her and held her but...

I was wrong! Just when I thought she was warming up to him she freaked out.  Poor bunny.

Do your kids like the bunny?

10 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a blast, with the exception of mr. scary easter bunny ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I love the castle, it looks like you're somewhere in Europe.
    You have an adorable family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Noelle. Now that you say it, it really does look like Europe. I still envy your location. I've been telling my husband that we need to relocate to sunny Cali for some time now.

      Delete
  3. Too cute! Love her dress and lol at the bunny pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, V! Baby Gap never fails me. This was the 2nd attempt at the bunny. She loves him from far away and waves but up close- forget it!

      Delete
  4. Either your hubby is crazy tiny or you are extra petite! :)

    Seems like an amazing area with all the shops - and pastries... YES please!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - I was noticing the height difference too! (although hubby and I are 10 inches apart in height - so I'm with you Schnelle!). Love A's easter dress!

      Delete
    2. I'm 5'2'' and he is 6'4''- I know, it's crazy but I really don't even notice the height difference until I look at photos. lol

      Delete
  5. What an adorable little town! I love exploring! You have such a cute family and your hair is fab! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated Birthday!!!
    What a great weekend! And I'm loving the Easter bunny picture :) We didn't get the chance to take Mia this year but I have no doubt that we would have had a screaming picture as well, ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from my readers.