Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day

Our weekend was so busy and filled with fun events. We lived in the moment and unfortunately that means we didn't get a lot of pictures but here are a few that I did manage to snap in between all of the running around.

We started our Saturday off with my best friend's college graduation party at this adorable little cafe near our new home. I am obsessed with this place- it's a cute, cozy art gallery and cafe that serves fresh, homemade, organic foods. Aubrey had a blast socializing, she's such a social butterfly. She even made a new friend- there was a little girl there that was the same age as her and it was so adorable to watch them interact with one another.
She finally got to wear this outfit that I've had sitting in her closet for about a year now. I found it in a boutique last summer and this was the last size left so I bought it hoping it would fit her this summer and I got lucky!
It's one of my favorite outfits on her, hands down.

I wore my go-to navy J. Crew dress. It's such a perfect dress that can be dressed up or down and it's light and airy- so perfect for the hot weather that we had this weekend (finally). It hit 80 here and I couldn't be happier. 


Tommy Hilfiger metallic gold flip flops, Steve Madden wedges

I wore the wedges to the party and switched them out for flip flops afterwards when we took a walk.

On Mother's Day I started my day off at 9 am. I slept in for the first time in a year and a half almost. I never had the opportunity to do this since Aubrey was born because of pumping or nursing. Then we had brunch at my grandmother's house which was so delicious and so much fun. It was another hot day so I happily broke out my new shorts to wear.

J. Crew shorts, Target tank

Aubrey needed a nap after brunch so we went to town with my parents and took a walk, browsed through a few stores, and grabbed some coffee while sleeping beauty rested. When she woke up we walked to the park and she checked out the slide and the water fountain, which was a big hit.




Mike and Aubrey surprised me with a beautiful card and an orchid. My mom bought me a huge peony plant (my favorite flower) and my grandmother gifted me some tulips and mums. I had a bunch of peony plants sitting around that I bought a few days ago too so I spent the rest of the afternoon putting them in the ground. I have to say, this gardening/landscaping thing is not for me. I  can't wait to be done with it all but I know that is not going to be a reality for a really long time. We have lots of work ahead of us outside and we have lots of plans and ideas but actually making them happen is another story. I think I'm going to leave the rest of the outdoor stuff to my husband and I'll take care of the inside. haha joking, not joking.

It was a pretty busy weekend but at the same time it was nice and relaxing and very refreshing too. It was so nice to catch up with family and friends that I haven't seen in a while, enjoy the company and live in the moment.
I hope all of you mommas enjoyed your day too. It's still so crazy to me that I am a mom and that I'm now a part of this day but I wouldn't trade it for the world. There are no words to describe just how much I love this little girl and being her mommy is the biggest blessing. ever.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Aubrey is so cute! Love all her little outfits, and yours are great, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful weekend! Aubrey looks darling in her little dress, she's such a cutie! You look beautiful too, I love that dress on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great mamas day!!! Love both your outfits!!!

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That J Crew dress is such a classic and I LOVE your cute sailor shorts! I'm jealous you received so many plants - I love this time of year for gardening but it gets expensive and fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great Mother's Day. Mine started around 9 too which was the best gift haha. You look fabulous in that dress and those shorts, and your daughter is a doll. Happy late Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful day! Love Aubrey's dress - and you look super cute in your dress and shorts - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from my readers.