Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Our Memorial Day Weekend

The temperatures warmed up this weekend- finally and now as I type this tonight they are back in the 60's. We made the most of the long weekend and packed in as much fun as we could.

Friday morning Aubrey and I ran some errands and hit some yard sales. Does anyone else love doing this? You never know what you're going to find and it's so much fun searching for one of a kind items or items that inspire projects. I'm all about the shabby chic and French provincial look so I'm always on the hunt for stuff like that.
Shirt- Gap
Jeans- F21 (old)
Sandals- Old Navy (last season)
On Saturday I snuck out for the afternoon and did a little shopping and returning at the mall. I picked up a few supplies for the shop, hit the Baby Gap and Toys r Us for a few things, and got my rings inspected and cleaned at the jewelers. It was kind of nice to run errands without having to constantly strap and unstrap a child 80 times.

When I got back we went to the park at my old elementary school. It used to be such a fun park but they aren't really keeping up with it and maintaing it. The grounds are all maintained but the "Big Toy" needs some TLC. It's so sad to see it going to waste because I have so many childhood memories there.
Aubrey had a blast running through the park and climbing through these tunnels. 

Oh yea.... flashback to the 21st which was our 3 year anniversary! Mike surprised us with a beautiful flower arrangement. I couldn't imagine who was at the door so he really got me good! Aubrey loved the flowers so much that she shared her cheerios with them. We left Aubrey with my mom (2nd time leaving her for a night out) and had a dinner date night out.

On Sunday, we had a relaxing morning and made french toast which Aubrey loved. Then we headed over to Mike's parent's house for a cookout.

She had the most adorable little blue peplum top on from the Baby Gap with her red and white striped Juicy leggings. I knew I should've taken pictures before we left the house but as always, it was a rush out the door and I didn't. Anyway, she spilled an entire glass of water all over herself. I packed extra pants and a hoodie but it was too warm for a hoodie so I had to resort to the emergency outfit that I keep in the car at all times.... the same outfit that I have forgotten to change out for months now. Poor kid had to squeeze into a 9 month old outfit to finish out the day before putting on her pjs. Surprisingly, it fit and it wasn't that tight but the pants were definitely capris on her. Mom of the year award, right here.

Monday was beautiful outside. We took full advantage of the water table that I picked up on Saturday. It was a huge hit to say the least. I'm pretty sure this is going to keep us busy all summer.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! Our weather was warm, but then the wind came (shocking, right? haha)

    I love that Aubrey liked mama's flowers too; such a beautiful arrangement and happy belated anniversary to you!

    Sequins&Stilettos


    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute pics of Aubrey! Love your striped top & distressed jeans - such a great look!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from my readers.