Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Our Weekend

Our weekend got off to a great start on Friday afternoon- after work my parent's made the last minute decision to take the boat out so my brothers, Aubrey, and I happily tagged along. It was a nice warm summer night so it was so nice to be out and it was so peaceful too. Mike was on his way home from work and passes by the lake so he was able to join us too which was exciting.

Aubrey loves the boat! Growing up, my parents always had a boat so my brothers and I spent our summers on the water and I'm beyond thrilled that this little one will have the same kind of summer fun. She wasn't a fan of her life jacket at first but then I couldn't get her to take it off. Speaking of which- this is the girl who has boycotted all accessories (except bracelets)... hair clips, headbands, sunglasses, you name it! She is making a turn-around though, she refused to let me take off these sunglasses so she fell asleep in the car ride home with them on. Every single time we leave the house she wants to wear her sunnies and be just like mommy; I've even snuck a hair clip or two. Progress!



Holy Cannoli! She devoured this cannoli and I couldn't be more proud. Cannolis have been my favorite since I was little. I even asked for cannolis instead of a birthday cake when I was a kid, what kid does that? Anyway, she seems to have the same feeling toward cannolis so I guess that means we'll have to start planning a trip back to Sicily with her. Don't pull my arm or anything....


Saturday was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I met my best friend for lunch and we got Mexican. Oh how I love a good authentic Mexican restaurant. I'm pretty sure I made a complete pig out of myself when I was inhaling the warm chips and salsa they give you while you wait. We don't get to see each other that much because life has been so crazy for the both of us so it was so nice to catch up and SO nice to have some adult conversation.

My BFF (yes, I still use that term and I probably always will) is expecting in October so we took a trip to Babies R Us to work on her registry, picked up her invites, and gathered all of the materials she needs to liven up the envelopes.

I left the house early on Saturday so I could sneak in some shopping before meeting up with her though. Can I just tell you how much I love shopping alone? It's amazing, refreshing, relaxing, and also completely frustrating. I took the baby seat out, took the SUV, and was fully ready to load it up to maximum capacity with all things home-related. You know how this is going to end, right? When you're looking for something/have the space to get it home/want to finish decorating even a single room in your house - you can't find a thing you freaking like!

I made a few stops in the mall too and I'll share that haul with you later this week. For now, you can check out that lovely i-Phone photo of clothes dumped out on my bed.

No baby seat? So weird. 
I found a bench in TJ Maxx last week but I had no way to fit it in the SUV because of the baby seat. I had a feeling it would be gone by the time I went back for it, and I was right but I was hopeful that I'd find a good replacement. I did find another bench- thankfully- but that is all I found!

I've been searching high and low for decor items to finish up some rooms in this house, hell I'd be happy to even finish just one room! I might be a little too picky but I have a vision in my head and I'm not settling and so here were are with a bunch of naked walls.
This bench is clearly Aubrey approved.

Sunday was a day of cleaning, organizing, and grocery shopping aka back to reality!

Monday, has really set the stage for the week too because poor little girl woke up with a fever and here I am typing this on Tuesday morning at 8:50 am and she is still asleep. This little firecracker is always up at 7am on the dot so I know that she's not feeling well. She's cutting an eye tooth (such a strange name, btw) and I was thinking that was the cause of the fever but she's never been like this when cutting a tooth so I'm thinking a trip to the doctor may be in order soon.

Wish us luck for a speedy recovery because this weekend is jam-packed, yet again and we need to be ready!

1 comment:

  1. Aubrey looks so cute! Babies in sunnies are my favorite! She looks like she's enjoying herself on the boat :)

    I love shopping by myself too. I can go at my own pace, which is often all over the place. I can go fast or take my time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from my readers.