Wednesday, February 18, 2015

It's been a while...

Oh my goodness- it's been a while since I last posted! I seriously didn't realize that it's been this long and I really had no intentions of "quitting" blogging but it just kind of happened. I'm not even sure if anyone is out there following along anymore but I do hope to slowly get back into a blogging groove of some sort.

So what has been going on since I last posted in July of 2014? Well...


We did the beach thing at the end of August.
We spent a week in Ocean City, MD (as we do every summer) and Aubrey loved every single second of it. She seriously couldn't get enough of the waves, sand, boardwalk, ice cream, and everything the beach has to offer. 


In September I helped plan my best friend's baby shower to welcome her little girl.
I'll do a recap of her beautiful shower soon!

In October, we went to a wedding out of town. 
This marks our first time leaving Aubrey overnight! She stayed with my mom and it went way better than we anticipated. My goodness was it strange waking up at 8am and without being poked in the eyeball with a random object.

We did the Halloween parade and trick-or-treating thing for the first time.
Aubrey loved watching the floats and the concept of galavanting around town dressed up as Elsa collecting candy was pretty much the best thing ever for her.

We went with the DIY/last minute Christmas card photo shoot route this year.
I staged the photos, my husband adjusted the camera settings, my mom shot the photos, and Aubrey ran around like a crazy lady with antlers on. We were a good team and they came out far better than I expected. So it was a win!

Then we did the Christmas thing.
Poor kid had a stomach bug the entire week of Christmas but she still managed to have a pretty good day. Santa brought her a kitchen and it's safe to say that it's her favorite new toy because she now cooks dinner for daddy after we eat dinner. ever. single. night.



...and lastly I've been busy running my etsy shop, working part-time, and raising a two year old.
I am so amazed/thankful/proud of my little business that has been growing since I opened up shop in March. It's been keeping me busy and unfortunately is a large part of the reason why blogging has taken the back burner. I don't have much free time between working part-time, juggling home life, and my keeping up with orders. All of the time that I'm spending on designing new stuff for the shop, creating, packaging, and listing items is time that I would normally reserve for blogging.

I miss blogging so much though and I really hate that I've missed so many months because I enjoy looking back on old posts. I don't blog for a living, a few perks here and there are nice but in reality there are two main reasons why I blog:

1.) To capture and document memories and 2.) to connect with other bloggers who share similar interests.

I've met so many amazing women through blogging and I really miss you ladies! So here's to hoping that you are still out there and that you will continue to follow along on this crazy journey though my life.



Next post up: Aubrey's 2nd Birthday Party!

8 comments:

  1. I've missed you! So happy to see you in my feed :) Your Etsy shop is adorable, and I think it's wonderful that you've been able to find your niche.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I'll always be a reader so whenever you do/can post, I'll be here to read it. Hope you'll do the same Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noelle! I've missed you too! Thank you so much for the sweet words. I'm hoping to post at least once a week, not making any promises but I'm going to try my best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome back! always love your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still here and will always be reading whatever you write <3

    Love the green j.crew top from the baby shower pic...Aubrey is ADORABLE as Elsa - and her play kitchen is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ella, you are the sweetest! Thank you so much! I have so much reading and catching up to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO excited you're back to blogging. I was excited to see your name come through my blog roll. :) So much has happened in such a short period of time and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from my readers.