Thursday, March 12, 2015

Let's Talk Hair


I've been in a total hair care rut and I've been using the same products for what seems like forever now. I just don't have the time to check out new products when I'm out shopping with a toddler like I used to so I've been sticking to my old favorites. Don't get me wrong my old favorites are great but sometimes you just want to try something new. 

When it comes to my hair I really don't splurge too much, drugstore brands are where it's at. I've always loved the way Aussie products make my hair feel and I think that they smell great too. I use their "Aussome Volume" shampoo, 3 Minute Miracle conditioner, "Aussome Volume" mousse, and their Mega hairspray. On my ends I rotate between Garnier Marvelous Oil Color-Illuminate, FX Silk Drops, and FX Blow Out.

I was lucky enough to be chosen to try out the Dessange Vox Box via Target. I don't know about you but I've never heard of this brand before. So I did what any normal person would do, I googled them. 
Here's what I found:

"Dessange Paris, a hair care line established by stylist Jacques Dessange in 1954 and licensed by L’OrĂ©al to manufacture products in France and now in the U.S., is launching its debut masstige hair collection stateside in mid-September exclusively at Target." via

They are also the official hairdresser of Cannes Festival for 15+ years now. Pretty impressive, huh?

I was so eager to try these products but honestly, I wasn't expecting much of a difference. Like I said before, I'm perfectly happy with my drugstore hair products and honestly, I never really tried a salon brand product that was so impressive that I had to re-purchase it. I always felt like I could achieve the same results for less money with hair care. I'm sure lots of you reading this may disagree but everyone has their splurge items and for me, I'd rather drop my money on a good skin care product. 

Well ladies, I was blown. away. Seriously. First let's start with the Oleo Replenishing Shampoo, the texture is unlike any shampoo that I've ever used. It was kind of oily which made me nervous because I only wash my hair two, maybe three times a week. Well here I sit, writing this review with day 3 hair and I'm still golden. It left my hair sleeker and shinier than before and I love it. Oh and as a very important added bonus this stuff smells amazing! Again, it's really unlike any thing else out there in the market. It smells fresh, clean, rich, and well, luxurious. 

The Oleo Replenishing Conditioner was the second step in the process. I only use conditioner on the hair below my ears. Again, trying to stick with my washing routine. I mean who has time to wash their hair every day? I'll answer that for you: No one who has a toddler. Anyway, back to the review, the consistency was pretty normal for a conditioner, it was creamy and thicker but also a little oily. It definitely did it's job and it did it well, my hair was shiny and healthy looking after I blew it out. 

Finally, I tried the Oleo Miracle Replenishing Oil. Let me back track for a minute, once I blow my hair out I need to apply some sort of heat whether it's a straightening iron or a curling iron in order to not look like a lion who stuck their paw in an electrical outlet. I'll usually apply the FX Silk Drops after a blowout if I'm in a rush to smooth things out and it works pretty good BUT it's weighs my hair down a bit and my hair will not hold a curl once that stuff is used, even if it's the next day. 

I applied the Miracle Oil to the ends of my hair prior to blowing my hair out and this is where I fell in love with this product line. Again, the smell. I love that smell and the best part, it stays with your hair all day long. It smoothed out my frizzy ends and actually enhanced my waves without weighing them down. I didn't need to curl my hair because my waves remained in place and my hair was smooth. Now on the second day, my waves were limp after sleeping on them but I could easily curl my hair on day two and my hair held the curl all day. 

So in brief, do I love all of these products? Yes. 

Will I purchase any of them once I finish these bottles? Yes and maybe. I don't think I can live without the Miracle Replenishing Oil. The shampoo and conditioner, maybe. I'm not sure if they made a big enough difference to specifically seek them out but I do love the way they made my hair feel and I cannot get enough of that scent.









*I received these products for free from influenster via Dessange and Target for testing purposes. All opinions expressed here are my own and I promise to always be honest with my reviews regardless of whether they are free or purchased on my own.

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of this brand either. Great to hear you liked them! I really need to try out some new hair products, i'm exactly like you, stuck in a bit of a rut, just throwing the same old stuff in the trolley every month!

    Shannon MarieSchnella Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from my readers.