Thursday, May 27, 2010
Milk Glass Platter $3.00
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
I came across the Mariah on a photographer's website (alisonconklin.com). You can check out her site by clicking on the first photo. She is incredibly talented and her work is amazing. I always find myself checking her site for inspiration. I saw these heels and instantly knew that I had to have them. They have a 5.5" heel with a 1'' hidden platform. Perfect for me since I'm 5'2'' and my fiance is 6'5''!! So I immediately got my credit card ready and went to the Bebe site. Unfortunately, they must be from last season because they are no longer available. So no problem I thought, I'll check ebay- they have everything. Well, I was wrong- they only had one pair listed and it was a size 9 (certainly won't fit my 6.5). I'm determined to find them somewhere. Maybe I'll get lucky and there will be a pair of 6.5's waiting for me at Nordstrom Rack when I go in a few weeks ~I'm keeping my fingers crossed~
Sunday, May 16, 2010
2. Dior Sugar & Spice Blush
3. Olay Deep Cleansing Face Wash
4. Freeman Avocado & Oatmeal Face Mask
5. Soap & Glory Fill Monty
6. Mini Sicilian Cheesecakes (Rachel Ray recipie)
7. Thai food- especially Pad Thai I'm obsessed!
8. Bobby Pins -my hair is really annoying me lately and they are a life saver.
9. Curel Body Moisturizer
10. Aussie Hair Spray- I love the smell.
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Sunday, May 2, 2010
I'll admit it, I'm a total nerd for extensively researching the designer of my dress. This is the kind of history lesson that fascinates me though.
Here are a few interesting highlights of Oleg's Life and Career:
- Oleg Cassini was born in Paris to a Count and Countess. The family moved to Italy after the Russian Revolution and his mother became a fashion designer there. He traveled with his mother and acquired a great sense of the fashion world which led to his enrollment in Academia Di Belle Arti where he studied fine art. He won numerous international fashion competitions and later moved to New York and finally to Hollywood.
- He was a costume designer for Paramount Pictures. He was a designer for t.v., motion pictures, and broadway as well.
- Jackie Kennedy chose Cassini to design her state wardrobe in the 60's. He designed approximately 300 outfits for her including the gown she wore to the inaugural ball in 1961. Women of all ages fell in love with her pillbox hats, boxy jackets, oversized buttons, and elegant geometric dresses. In my opinion, she is a total fashion icon. I am in love with her glamorous yet classy, polished look. Not to mention, she's gorgeous!
While researching Cassini, I stumbled upon some exciting information about my dress *the dress.* Alyssa Milano wore this exact dress when she guest starred on an episode of ABC's hit mystery drama "Castle" in January 2010.
The more I think about this dress, the more excited I get. I definately made the right decision!