Question of the month: What did you eat today?
The question of the month is somewhat ironic and I guess it's the perfect time to let all of you ladies know that I have been diagnosed with gestational diabetes. I talked about how I failed the 1-hour glucose test here and when I went back for the 3-hour test I passed the first 2, failed the 3rd by 4 points, and failed the 4th by 6 points. Needless to say I've been a wreck ever since but after talking it over with Ella and meeting with my nutritionist the other day, I'm feeling a whole lot better. At first I felt so defeated because I have been eating relatively healthy (but I've had my share of sweets too) throughout my pregnancy.
Everyone wants a flawless, perfect, smooth pregnancy, delivery, and baby and for someone who is a perfectionist like myself and a worried mom-to-be, you can imagine how hard it hit. I panicked thinking that my baby was at risk or in harms way but I found out that I can control my situation. I'm taking this very seriously and I'm following my dietary guidelines to a "T." Due to the fact that I'm just slightly over the borderline, my nutritionist feels that I will have no problem taking control and conquering. Best of all, everything. will. be. okay.
Alright, so back to the original question... I'm still adjusting to my new diet. What I eat hasn't changed much but how often I eat has. I'm snacking a whole lot more and eating smaller portions.
Breakfast: Quaker Oatmeal, two of my favorites are Apple Cinnamon, and Maple Brown Sugar
Snack: half of a grapefruit
Lunch: Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich (I've been craving these throughout my pregnancy so thankfully I can still work them into my new plan) and a Salad with Balsamic Vinegar
Snack: Apple, sliced with Peanut Butter
Dinner: Pan-Seared Chicken w/ Shallots, Baked Sweet Potato, and Broccoli
Snack: Strawberry Cream Yogurt & some Crackers
- Alison*Elle - Alison caused a dressing room scene and lived through the embarrassment to share her story.
- Beautygirl24 - Noelle used one of her favorite bloggers as inspiration to create a pretty outfit.
- Ella Pretty - Ella attended her first fashion show - and received free pants!
- Lilly's Style - Lilly is enjoying wearing burgundy this Fall.
- Lindsay J Everyday - Lindsay's lovely layers.
- Love, Lipstick & Pearls - Kristen has been Falling into Fashion with these style inspirations.
- Schnelle Couture - Danielle mixed black and brown for the first time and was pleasantly surprised.
- Sequins and Stilettos - Skylette's fall wardrobe has consisted of a lot of skinny jeans and flowy tops.
- The Currently Obsessed - Mehreen's coveting these items ... And recently knocked one off her list!