This is such a great question and such a great opportunity to reflect. My style has definitely evolved over the years but some things have stayed the same. I've always been a fan of basics and classics. I've always loved black and white, a little too much actually. Over the years, I've incorporated a lot more color and more printed fabrics into my wardrobe.
During my college years I spent my days in jeans or sweats and even a velour sweat suit here and there. Those were my party days too so at night I was wearing the shortest skirts, the tiniest tops, and showing off my belly at every opportunity that I had. I've learned over the years that if you're going to show some leg then you should keep your cleavage covered up and vice versa but back then I didn't know that little rule. I just got a new computer and I'm in the process of going through all of my backed up stuff and of course, I can't find my photos from 2008 and earlier. You're lucky, or maybe I'm lucky...either way there were some pretty trashy outfits back in the day. So I'll share what I do have:
|2004-when I first met my husband. That top was from Express, I remember buying it before I went out that night.|
|2008- another outfit from Express, I lived in that store but I haven't stepped foot in there in years now.|
|2009- Juicy bag and Victoria's Secret top|
I loved, loved, loved Juicy but now I'm over it. Funny how some brands just phase out.
I think I would call my personal style classic-feminine. I wear a lot of basics still but I accessorize with big, bold jewelry. I wear a lot more belts and scarves now than I ever have. I still have a major shoe obsession but now that I don't go out
as much anymore I tend to buy more flats and lower-heeled shoes. I've traded in my Juicy bags for Coach bags. Overall, I think my look has gradually transformed from girly-girl/party girl to classic/casual/feminine.
- Alison*Elle - Alison is keeping it weekend-casual in an asymmetrical sweater and boyfriend jeans.
- Beautygirl24 - Noelle took a stroll through the park and enjoyed the Spring flowers. Her green dress matched the scenery.
- Ella Pretty - See Ella's Target & Outlet-shopping haul from her US vacation.
- Lindsay J Everyday - Lindsay shares 5 Things about herself, now it's your turn.
- Love, Lipstick & Pearls - Kristen is dreaming of warm weather and summer BBQs with her Spring Wishlist.
- Schnelle Couture - Danielle shows off her first postpartum OOTD.
- Sequins and Stilettos - Skylette is playing up the yellow and cobalt trend.
- The Currently Obsessed - Mehreen shares her inspiration for her baby girls nursery.