I used sand paper to remove all of the sand, rinsed them under water, let them air dry, and spray painted them with Krylon Ivory spray paint with a satin finish. Letting them dry in between coats of course, it took about 4 coats of paint.
I cut a small square piece of light pink tulle, folded it in half and rounded the egdes. Then I gathered the tulle and made a few stitches to hold it in place.
After cutting the excess tulle from the top if the area I stitched, I hot glued in on the head of the bride bird. Once the veil was on, I hot glued certain pieces of the tulle to the bird until I was pleased with the veil.
Then I hot glued a flower with a pearl center on top of the veil. I hot glued one of the petals down over the top of the tulle gathering so it was no longer visible. You just have to play with it and tweek it as you see fit.
In order to add some dimension, and "antique" the birds, I used some blush. NYX Angel to be exact.
Using my blush brush, I lightly dusted the power all over, focusing in the wings to bring out the detailing.