Question of the month from Kristen: "What's your go-to recipe? Drink, dinner, dessert, whatever..."
I have several go-to recipes that are in our weekly dinner rotation but one of our favorite quick and easy dinners to make is Pan Seared Chicken with Shallots.
What you'll need:
- 3 tbs. butter
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1b. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Melt 1tbs. of butter and 1 tbs. of olive oil. Season the breasts with salt & pepper and pan fry. When the chicken is done cooking, remove from the stove, cover, and set aside. Add the shallots and garlic to the pan and sear for 30 seconds-a minute, just until they are slightly softened, then add the wine and chicken broth. Let the mixture cook for about 5 minutes or until reduced and slightly thickened, then melt in the remaining 2 tbs. of butter, drizzle the mixture over the chicken and serve!
My go-to dessert depends on the season and since it's summer, I'll share my go-to treat for the warmer weather: Hawaiian Delight Cake
What you'll need:
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup coconut
- 20 oz. can unsweetened crushed pineapple with juice
Mix all of the ingredients together and pour into a greased 13x9 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes, let cake cool, then frost.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 2 tbs. vanilla
- 8 oz. package cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
Combine all of the above ingredients and frost! Optional: add cherries to top for garnish.
- Alison*Elle - Alison is giving white denim another go this season
- Beautygirl24 - Target did it again - Noelle found the perfect Summer wedges from the Sam & Libby collection.
- Ella Pretty - Ella's got a brand new bag!
- Love, Lipstick & Pearls - Kristen is all ready for baby's arrival and shared her nursery with us.
- Schnelle Couture - Danielle talks makeup and highlights where to save and where to splurge.
- Sequins and Stilettos - Skylette has finally found her perfect striped skirt!
- The Currently Obsessed - Mehreen organized Makeup drawers.